ES Analytical has global experience with geochemical assessments investigating AMD/ARD risk associated with waste rock, tailings and ore concentrates at iron ore, base metal, precious metal, tin, tungsten, molybdenum, vanadium, rare earth elements, graphite, uranium, mineral sands and coal deposits.
We can assist with planning, sampling, testwork procedures, analyte selection and reporting to address the key regulatory, planning, closure and rehabilitation risks and water quality impacts.
- Acid-base accounting (ABA)
- Net acid generation (NAG)
- Acid buffering characteristic curves (ABCC)
- Sulfur / Carbon speciation
- Acid & Metalliferous Drainage (AMD/ARD) assessments (AMDact).
- Acid Sulfate Soil (ASS) assessments
- Rapid oxygen consumption tests (OxCon)
- sulfide oxidation rates
- acidity generation rates
- duration of sulfide oxidation
- onset of acid conditions
- magnitude of CO2 release
- carbonate reaction efficiency
- Column leach
- Quantitative elemental release rates
- Quantitative X-Ray Diffraction (QXRD)
- Net acid producing potential (NAPP) from mineralogy (ImpactScan)
- Reactive waste impact assessments from mineralogy (ImpactScan)
Water & Leachate Chemistry
- Water quality assessments
- Acidity / salinity
- Bottle roll leaching tests
- Bench-scale AMD treatment trials
- Water (AMD) treatment modelling (TreatSim)
Data Enhancement Tools
TreatSim modelled water treatment requirements.
- AMDACT - (acid & metalliferous drainage assessment and classification based on static geochemistry)
- ImpactScan - (geochemical risk assessments and potential hazards eg. AMD, salinity, dispersivity, fibrous minerals, CO2 emissions, based on hyperspectral scan or XRD mineralogy)
- TreatSim - (AMD/ARD water treatment requirements and water quality outcomes based on water quality analysis)
+61 3 9810 7500
Unit 4. 290 Salmon Street,
Port Melbourne, Victoria 3207.